Investment and Business Development Director
Manager with extensive professional experience in the development and control of business investments, as well as in various areas associated with wealth advisory, Corporate Finance, M&A, strategic/commercial consulting, and economic-financial area. Strong skills in consulting, planning, organization/structuring and monitoring, as well as Institutional Relations
Multidisciplinary expert, with experience in Private Equity entities, Wealth Advisory, Banking, Auditing, Strategic Consulting, as well as a partner in various initiatives. He has belonged to more than 20 diverse board of directors/committees, both in companies from various sectors and in private equity funds.
M&A, Asset Manager and Economic-Financial Consultant
Luis combines his work at Mallorca Capital with the General Management of Wannahop since 2021, a telecommunications company with the leading product in the wireless internet market in Mallorca.
He has been Deputy General Manager of Fergus Hotels between 2015 and 2021, taking part along with the CEO and COO in the execution of the company’s strategic tasks. He is the managing chain of more than 15 hotel establishments throughout Spain. Additionally, as a member of the company’s Executive Management Committee. Before occupying this position, he has carried out the implementation of quality and environmental projects and has been part of the Management in several 4-star establishments of the chain with more than 100 people in charge.
In addition, he has been IT Finance Manager at Hotelbeds, being part of the IT finance area, supporting developers, managing resources and supporting data integration management between the operational management system and the financial management system.
Juan Manuel Solana
Diploma in business sciences from the UIB. Graduate in Business Administration and Management from UIB. Master in economic-financial management from CEF. European financial advisor (EFA) certificate by EFPA Spain.
Pension fund area director at “Sa Nostra Compañía de Seguros de Vida y Pensiones” for more than 5 years; Director of Estate Planning at Ethical-Insurance, Insurance and Social Security Brokerage; Associate at SLM Financial Analysis for 2 years, and partner at Narvalconsultants for more than 5 years where he is currently a partner.
Arauz de Robles
Representative of Mallorca Capital in Madrid
Multidisciplinary legal office.
Representative in Barcelona / Financial economic consultant
Accredited advisor in Finance, specialist in financial projects, company analysis, expert in Islamic finance, extensive experience in leading teams, customer orientation and business unit management. Advice and direction in the corporate expansion of companies.
Expert in fund raising and alternative financing processes.
Representative in London / M&A and Asset Manager
Associate Director at London Property Partners.
He has worked for years in the Hospitality and construction sector in the UK; He has designed investment and commercial plans for residential properties; He has participated in the expansion of various companies, managing their installation in properties throughout the UK.
He has been an entrepreneur linked to the area of Real Estate, both residential and commercial. He is a specialist in the management of all administrative processes with the Public Administration linked to the real estate sector. In addition to having worked in the monitoring, budgeting and control of the development and execution of real estate projects. He is a freelance real estate consultant for some tourism companies.
Controller and analyst
Outstanding experience as an investment and management control analyst in the Private Equity area of Sa Nostra. Family business associate – He has also participated in the financial products and securities department of Sa Nostra, as well as in Montalbán, and in Ibercaja banking offices.
She has completed second cycle (Postgraduate) studies at Leeds Met. University, England, as well as third cycle (Doctorate/DPh) from the University of Alicante, with a specialty in architectural constructions. International Master BIM Manager from Zigurat Global Institute of Technology.
In addition to having led her studio for more than 10 years, Inés draws on her experience of more than 6 years as an Architect / Project-manager attached to management, for the international hotel company Barceló Hotels & Resorts.
José Clar studied Law at the University of the Balearic Islands and completed a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management at the prestigious Institute of Higher Business Studies in Barcelona.
José is bilingual in Spanish and English and his areas of specialty are tax advice and legal advice on the purchase of real estate along with the feasibility study of new projects.
Since he began his professional career in 2001, he has provided his services as director of the commercial department of Garrigues in Palma, specializing in legal and commercial advice to companies in the Balearic Islands, highlighting his experience in advising technology companies.
Currently, as a partner of the legal partner firm, he co-directs it and manages the areas of Commercial, Corporate and Contractual Law.
Thus, we have formed a team of professionals with extensive accumulated experience in different business fields such as economic-financial consulting, strategic consulting, fund raising, business management, architecture, real estate projects, brockerage, private equity, auditing. , monitoring and control of investments, asset management, architecture, legal (companies, tax, labor, other), accounting, among other areas, to be able to respond to the needs of our clients.
High level of contacts at a local, national and international level that allow generating:
- Business opportunities and investment/disinvestment deals.
- Configuration of ad hoc work teams to provide specific solutions to each project or client.
The activities of the entire Mallorca Capital team fall into the following sectors:
- Hotel, Tourism and Leisure.
- Health / Health (Nursing Home, Senior Housing / living, Mental Health).
- Real Estate.
- Financial (wealth management, insurance, investments, financing).
- SMEs in general.
The transversal functions and sectoral experiences of the team, and the open architecture model with selected collaborators and partners with centralized management of them, allows all the know how to be applied to the sectors of specializations of Mallorca Capital.
Examples of services provided by the associated team
Advisory / Management
- Continuous corporate financial advisory to a hotel chain.
- General corporate advisory to a company in the nautical sector.
- Development of a business plan for a company in the facility services sector.
- Assistance and advisory to boards of directors/investment committees of private equity funds/investment vehicles: Optimun Berling Property II, Axon Capital I, Axon Capital II, Ged Iberian Fund, Ged Eastern Fund, Ac Capital Premier II, Ac Infraestructuras, EMN Alisma, Licasa I.
- Assistance and advisory to boards of directors of companies in various sectors: Ocimax, Profitness, Preneal, Fersa (listed company; membership on its Board of Directors as well as its internal audit committee).
- Study and grouping of a set of private equity l funds in order to design a fund of funds of size 50 million euros.
- Interim manager of a startup company in the technology sector: organizational design, business plan, interim CFO manager, equity fundraising.
- Design of a hotel REIT of 100 million euros ticket: business plans, organization, relationship with financial entities, relationship with hotel operators, all legal material, pre-analysis of more than 50 hotels
- Internal audit framed in the Due Diligence process of acquisition of a group of Nursing Homes for 40 MM euros.
- Collaboration in the development of a business plan for a real estate development associated with a golf course.
- Transaction of a leisure center for 2 million euros.
- Transaction of an office building in Mallorca for 2 million euros.
- Transaction of a hotel land in Mallorca for 15 million euros.
- Transaction of a hotel complex for 15 million euros.
- Transaction of a hotel complex for 15 million euros.
- Location of various investment opportunities in the field of healthcare, both in brownfield and greenfield status.
- Detection of investment interests in healthcare for more than 1,000 million euros.
- Presentation of a private debt offer for a hotel company for an amount of 15 million euros.
- Channeling bank financing of various types and amounts.
- Presentation of a private debt offer for a listed developer/construction company for an amount of 15 million euros.
- Continuous advisory on monetary investments and insurance to various companies, individuals and public and private institutions.
- Placement mandates for venture capital or debt funds.
Mallorca Capital has an advisory committee that meets periodically to analyze macroeconomic trends and the main sectors of reference in the Balearic Islands and in Spain